Private Guitar Lessons With JL Fulks
Thank you for your interest in taking lessons with me! Passing on my knowledge is a vital aspect of my job as an independent artist. I am excited to share with you what I have come to love about playing music. Our time together will be enjoyable, but the most important goal is for you to leave having learned something new - or improved at a skill.
Our first lesson will be an assessment to figure out your overall skills at guitar, songwriting, and/or marketing. Before our lesson, please be prepared with some specific skills you’d like to learn, and/or a list of questions you’d like to ask me. Once we have spent some time together, I will have a better understanding of what you're looking to learn. This session will also help me identify the teaching methods which are most effective for your individual needs. All of my students start at different skill levels, which is why it’s important to communicate ahead of time what your lesson goals are. That way, I can prepare a lesson plan which is personalized to maximize your individual potential as an artist.
Before you schedule your lesson, please make sure you read and understand my cancellation policy (below), as I am not able to make exceptions for any circumstance.
JL Fulks has been playing the guitar professionally for over 10 years, and has achieved some honorable accomplishments in the music industry. While maintaining a full schedule of shows, JL has furthered his education by studying with Berklee College of Music and privately with many award winning and highly acclaimed guitarists. In 2015 & 2016 JL taught all levels of Guitar at the School of Rock in Coral Springs, Florida. JL continues to teach private lessons for Guitar, Songwriting, and Marketing online, on the road, and at his home in Nashville, Tennessee.
Achievements and Educational Background
- Berklee College of Music "Master Certificate" - Guitar
- Berklee College of Music "Specialist Certificate" - Blues, Rock, and Jazz Guitar
- 2+ Years Teaching at School of Rock Coral Springs, Florida - Guitar Teacher / Musical Director
- 2+ Years Studying Privately with Adam Knight - University of South Carolina Commercial Music & Jazz Guitar Professor
- 2016 International Blues Challenge Semi-Finalist
- 2016 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Blues Song of The Year
- 2018 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Blues Artist of The Year
- 2018 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Music Video of The Year
- 2020 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Country Artist of The Year
- 2020 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Country Album of The Year (Nomination)
- 2020 - International Music & Entertainment Awards - Country Song of The Year
- 5 Million + Streams on YouTube Worldwide
- 10+ Years in the Music Industry touring, and opening for national acts
- Endorsed by Heritage Guitars, GHS Strings, Cusack Music, Mojo Hand FX, & Vibe Kayaks
Take Lessons Online, In Nashville, Or A Town Near You!
Online Guitar, Songwriting, & Marketing Lessons
- $60 per hour (Monday - Thursday) 10am-8pm
Online Guitar, Songwriting, & Marketing Lessons are powered by Skype. Video Chat Face to Face with JL Fulks during your lesson and receive bonus content after your lesson!
Private Guitar, Songwriting, & Marketing Lessons in Nashville, Tennessee
- $75 per hour (Monday - Thursday) 4pm-8pm
- Lessons with JL Fulks in his home studio in Nashville, Tennessee
JL offers Private Lessons when he is on the road performing. Lessons are determined by tour schedule.
Cities JL Fulks is performing in 2020
- Nashville, TN
- Greenville, SC
- Charlotte, NC
- Boca Raton, FL
- Stuart, FL
- Convington, IL
For information on booking a lesson in any of these cities, contact us at email@example.com
Guitar Lessons (Beginner to Advance) Blues, Rock, & Jazz - Acoustic & Electric
Guitar lessons are available for beginners to advanced skill levels. Even if you have never picked up a guitar before, I will get you playing in no time! All styles of guitar can be taught but what I teach the best and what I am known for is Blues, Rock, & Jazz Guitar. Country, Raggae, Indie, Punk, and Metal are also welcomed. If you are a intermediate to advanced level guitar player and feel like you are not advancing in your playing... let me help you improve your skills by widening your musical vocabulary. I will reveal some of Berklee's secrets and wisdom passed down to me from renowned guitar players, professors, and veterans in the music industry.
Beginner Lessons - How to tune your guitar, How to put on strings, Open chord voicings, How to strum, How to play songs, How to read guitar tab and more!
Intermediate Lessons - Alternate Picking, All Chords & Voicings, Major Scale, Pentatonic Scale, CAGED system, Triads, Cover Songs, Lead Soloing, how to play a jazz standard, how to play a blues standard, ear training, transcribing, music theory, and more!
Advanced Lessons - Advanced Guitar Techniques, Modern Blues Technique, Traditional Blues Technique, Sweep Picking, Hybrid Picking, Transcribing Solos By Ear & tab, Modes, Arpeggios, Rock Guitar Technique, My Favorite Licks, and More!
Songwriting Lessons (Beginner to Advanced) Americana, Country, Blues, Rock, and Metal
Songwriting Lessons are available for beginner to advanced skill levels. Even if you have never written a song before I will help you write your first song! We will focus on writing material that is YOU. We will talk about what goes into writing a great song and how you can apply your own creativity. We will discuss music theory, songwriting techniques, chord progressions, musical tension and release, underlying harmony, lyrics, melody, solos, production and more! I will reveal some of the secrets I learned in Berklee College of Music's songwriting courses as well as my own techniques I have used to win awards, and produce sales from streams of my music.
Marketing Lessons (Beginner to Advanced) Social Media, Content Creating, Videography, Vlogging, Self-Promotion, & Branding
Many musicians are really great at their instrument, but lack the necessary skills needed to put out great content and market their music correctly. It is very important to know branding and marketing techniques in order for your music to be heard. If you have zero followers on social media, I can help you reach ten thousand.
We will discuss how to:
- Grow your Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter following organically
- Gain subscribers on YouTube by vlogging and videography
- Promote your music and create a brand
- Effectively book paying shows
- Record in a studio
- Promote a new release
- Create content and measure analytics
- Much, much more!